Astoria 911 is receiving reports of motor vehicle accidents on Highway 26 near mileposts 20-28. We have received reports of black ice on the highway. Emergency crews are on scene. Motorists are urged to use extreme caution if traveling in this area.
Astoria School District has been engaged in a collaborative partnership with Columbia Memorial Hospital, the City of Astoria, and Recology Western Oregon concerning the development of a new athletic complex located on Williamsport Road. Work is expected to begin in January with an anticipated opening for fall 2014.
The Clatsop County Commission met Wednesday and took the following actions:Tweet
Former Pacific County Sheriff John Didion passed away this week. The former NFL player settled in Pacific County in the late 90's and became a strong voice for at-risk-youth and anti-drug programs.
Astoria Sch. Dist. - 2 Hours Late, No AM kindergarten
Jewell Sch. Dist. - 2 Hours Late, Buses on snow routes Posted:
Knappa Sch. Dist. - 2 Hours Late
Warrenton-Hammond Sch. Dist. - 2 Hour Delay, No Rise and Shine Club, Preschool open at 9:30.
Wahkiakum Sch. Dist. - 2 Hours Late
On December 10, 2013 at about 4:50 pm Astoria Police received a call of a vehicle "spinning cookies" in the parking lot of Gray School, 785 Alameda Ave. The caller said that on leaving the parking lot the driver appeared to be intentionally hitting garbage cans on Alameda.
Clatsop Community College - All campuses operating on a two hour delay this morning. Opening at 10:00 due to weather conditions
Astoria Sch. Dist. - Closed UPDATE Posted: Tue. 10th, 07:53 AM
• Jewell Sch. Dist. - Closed UPDATE Posted: Tue. 10th, 07:10 AM
• Knappa Sch. Dist. - Closed UPDATE Posted: Tue. 10th, 08:03 AM
• Lincoln Co. Sch. Dist. - Buses on Snow Rtes. : N24, N25, N26, N31, N33, N35, N36, N38 Posted: Tue. 10th, 05:21 AM
• Nestucca Valley Sch. Dist. - 2 hour delay Posted: Tue. 10th, 05:25 AM
• NW Regional ESD: Clatsop Co. - 2 Hours Late Posted: Tue. 10th, 06:15 AM
• Seaside Sch. Dist. - Closed UPDATE Posted: Tue. 10th, 07:45 AM
• Warrenton-Hammond Sch. Dist. - Closed, staff do not report to work UPDATE Posted: Tue. 10th, 07:59 AM
Each year some very good local people work hard to make sure every child in Clatsop County has a Christmas but they depend on donations to make that happen. This year the Seaside Rotary Club is working with the RED Bell wishing tree program and Toys for Tots because that organization makes sure toys donated locally stay in Clatsop County.
Page 1 of 170
Get a snapshot of your community delivered to your inbox every weekday morning.
Ohana Media Group
Phone: (503) 861-6620
Fax: (503) 861-6630