Monday evening Astoria mayor Willis Van Dusen led the audience in a hip-hip-hooray recognizing the contributions of retiring Oregon State Police Lt. Duane Stanton. Police Chief Pete Curzon said Stanton has been a valuable partner in assisting the Astoria Police Department. In other council news...
At the request of the Astoria Historic Downtown Association the council agreed to waive parking fees downtown during the holidays. Downtown employees will still be ticketed if they park where they are not supposed to be.
The Astoria city council approved the submission of a Connect Five Oregon grant application with the money applied to the restoration of the trolley corridor between 11th and 12th streets in an area where the track ties suffer from water damage.
The city also approved an intergovernmental agreement with the state department of transportation for the rebuild of the Irving Avenue bridge. The state will pick up 90% of the costs and the city will use some federal funding to make up the remaining 10%
That project will get underway in the spring of next year.
The Astoria council heard an update from the city staff on the process the council had previously approved for the sale of excess city properties then the council welcomed public comment. The council agreed to remove one property over potential land slide concerns then voted to re-affirm the sales process for multiple lots through Area Properties.
The City Council approved a limited liquor license for a new mini-mart opening in east Astoria. The owner, Don Patterson told the council the renovated store on 20th and Marine Dr. will once again be open offering gas and groceries. He said the Laundromat will also be reopened with all new equipment.
Enter Your Email In The Box And Click "Subscribe"
Wasn't that easy?
Ohana Media Group
Phone: (503) 861-6620
Fax: (503) 861-6630