On Thursday July 25th at approximately 1:15 PM a fire was reported at the Weyerhaeuser plant located at 3401 Industrial Way in Longview. When fire crews arrived they were greeted by Weyerhaeuser staff advising that there was a fire was on the second floor of a large warehouse building containing the extruder department. Once inside firefighters found a small fire that had ignited from a bathroom ceiling fan. The fire spread within the ceilings concealed space, burning above the bathroom ceiling and below a third floor office.
To access the fire firefighters used pike poles, which are long handled tools ideal for pulling ceilings. Once the concealed spaced was adequately exposed the fire was placed under control utilizing minimal water, thus reducing water damage.
The facility was turned over to Weyerhaeuser employees who were going to further overhaul the overhead space and provide fire watch to assure all hot spots were extinguished. The cause of the fire was most likely a faulty ceiling ventilation fan.

Northwest Lending Group