The Astoria/Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for an artist to create the design for T-shirts for the 2013 Great Columbia Crossing. The winner will be paid $500 for use of their art. Artists credit will appear on the 2013 Registration Brochure, the Great Columbia Crossing website, and on promotional materials as space allows.
The Great Columbia Crossing 10k run is an OFFICIAL USA Track & Field Certified Event and it's only time people may walk across the four-mile-long bridge spanning the Columbia from it's terminus in Washington to Astoria. The reward for walkers is the opportunity for some great pictures high atop the span leading into Astoria with views of the surrounding area from a perspective that only a few get to see by participating in the crossing event. Whether you're an experienced runner or looking for a family friendly event, the Great Columbia Crossing 10k appeals to everyone. Complete rules for artists wishing to submit designs for the event are available HERE. Some of the basics:
• Art will primarily be used on the T-shirt, so consideration will be given for designs that translate well to this medium.
• The event logo may be incorporated into art design submissions, but is not required.
• The art design can be for both the front of the T-shirt and sleeve. The back of the shirt is reserved for sponsor recognition.
• The winner gives permission to the Chamber to use the art freely in promotion of the Great Columbia Crossing event, in 2013 and future years.
• Submitted artwork must be your original creation.
• Artists may submit up to three entries per person.