Parents of children who will be turning 5 before Sept. 1, 2013 need to attend Kindergarten Round-Up to register and prepare their child for Fall 2013 kindergarten classes.
Kindergarten Round-Up sessions are scheduled for the following dates and schools:
TUESDAY, April 23
· Cannon Beach Elementary, 3 p.m.
· Seaside Heights Elementary, 3 p.m.
· Jewell Elementary, 12:30 p.m.
THURSDAY, April 25
· Astor Elementary, 3:30 and 6 p.m.
· Gearhart Elementary, 3 p.m.
· Hilda Lahti Elementary, 9:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.
· Warrenton Grade School, 6 p.m.
At Kindergarten Round-Up students and parents will get the chance to meet kindergarten teachers, the principal and many other important people in a 5-year-old's life. A tour of the kindergarten classroom and other parts of the school are planned. Every attending child who is registered for kindergarten will receive a "Class of 2026" t-shirt.
By registering children now parents will establish good communication with their child's school and help their child be successful on their first day of school. Parents should bring their child's birth certificate and immunization record. If help is needed in obtaining either of those documents staff will be available.