Are you ready to use your sales skills selling something people not only need but are actually interested in hearing about? Ohana Media Group has a rare opening for a Radio Sales Advertising Account Executive with our station group in Astoria, Oregon. If you want to sell for a company that has a true entrepreneurial spirit and not be bogged down by corporate bureaucracy that gets in the way of your selling, you may be the right fit for our sales organization. We believe in giving our salespeople the resources and the freedom to solve our clients marketing needs. You will be able to use your marketing creativity to sell multi-media ideas that you can really believe in and make a difference for your clients. And as entrepreneurs we believe in rewarding success, not putting limits on your potential.
Working with us means you have the opportunity to sell more than just radio. We carry the Seattle Seahawks, University of Oregon Ducks, Oregon State University Beavers and Astoria High School Football. Our station group serves the Lower Columbia Coast region including Astoria, Warrenton, Seaside, Gearhart, Cannon Beach and the Long Beach Peninsula and we offer the ONLY local and live media coverage in the area.
Major Responsibilities of This Position:
- Developing new advertising clients through a relentless drive to generate new business
- Face to face meetings with prospective clients
- Involvement in the local business community, developing relationships with business owners
- and decision makers.
- Creating advertising campaigns for your clients that are focused on their marketing needs and growing
- their business
- Developing strong relationships with clients to ensure success and repeat business
- Selling non-traditional media including sports and digital online products
- Closing business and executing the client campaign as agreed upon
- Coordinating all aspects of an advertising campaign including copy, ad production, billing, collections, promotions, and events
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A passion for selling our products; radio, sports programming, digital and promotions/events. We need someone who can innovatively sell it all.
- An understanding of marketing principles and a creative mind to put together unique ideas for our clients.
- Proven ability to ask for the business and the courage to ask again
- Outside sales experience and a track record of successfully prospecting and developing new business
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Internet, social media, and digital marketing savvy
- Excellent listening skills and strong curiosity to learn about your clients' businesses
- Problem solving ability – someone who sees a problem as an opportunity to develop business
- A belief in your ability to sell and no fear of being on commission because you know the harder you work the more you make
Ohana Media Group's Astoria stations include News & Talk KAST 1370AM; Eagle Country 103.9 KVAS-FM; KCRX 102.3 The Classic Rock Station; Clammy 99.7 KLMY Playing All The Music You Dig; KKOR 106.3 "The Beach"
Ohana Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer