Sector Columbia River invites the public to its air station at 2185 SE 12th Place in Warrenton, next to the Astoria Regional Airport, to meet Coast Guard crews and see rescue boats and helicopters up close.
Helicopter flight and rescue demonstrations, aircraft, emergency vehicle and vessel displays, as well as water safety and environmental protection exhibits will all showcase the expertise and value of your local Coast Guard units.
The Coast Guard Auxiliary, Red Cross, Department of Defense and local fire and police will join the Coast Guard for a fun-filled, educational day.
Barbeque lunch will be available.
- WHO: Coast Guard Sector Columbia River, Coast Guard Auxiliary, Red Cross, DOD, local fire and police
- WHAT: Sector Columbia River Annual Open House
- WHERE: Sector Columbia River, 2185 SE 12th Place, Warrenton, OR, 97146, next to the Astoria Regional Airport
- WHY: socialize, learn, have fun
- WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.