The purpose of the public meetings are to update coastal communities on the response to tsunami debris washing up on our coastlines.
The meetings are scheduled to take place Aug. 28-29 in various counties along the Oregon Coast. Representatives from the Oregon Department of Parks and Recreation, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, Department of Environmental Quality, and non-governmental organizations like Surfrider and SOLVE are scheduled to discuss all issues related to clean up including funding, invasive species, and outreach. The public is encouraged to attend.
The meeting schedule is below:
Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012
- 9:30 a.m. Lincoln City Council Chambers, 801 SW Highway 101, Lincoln City, Ore.
- 2:00 p.m Tillamook County Courthouse, 201 Laurel Ave. Tillamook, Ore.
Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012
- 9:00 a.m Coos County, Owen Building, 201 N. Adams, Coquille, Ore.
- 1:00 p.m Douglas County, Reedsport City Hall, 451 Winchester Hall, Reedsport, Ore.
- 5:30 p.m. Lane County, Siuslaw Valley Fire Hall, 2625 U.S. 101, Florence, Ore.